The Producer is responsible for the timely delivery, total cost and overall quality of a product development project.
The Producer is an active participant in the product design phase (led by Product Management) and is responsible for transforming product requirements/design into development specifications.
As a leader of the development process, the Producer leads the project management resources to support the engineering team and ensures the timely execution of the development effort within the allocated budgets.
The Producer is responsible for the quality of the deliverables produced by the engineering team and for the hand off of the deliverables to the Product Operations Manager who leads the Launch and support of the product.
Key areas of responsibility include :
- Represent engineering teams in the design process highlighting engineering capabilities and constraints
- Support product managers assessing third party partners and the integration of their solutions into the product design.
- Ensure alignment between the design/requirements produced by the Product Management team and the Specifications delivered to the Engineering team
- Develop product development budgets and schedules (leading project management resources) and ensure clear communication of time and budget objectives to the engineering and product operations teams.
- Oversee creative content development (UI, graphics,…) by the engineering team to ensure continuous alignment with design intent and requirements
- Ensure Quality Control scripts and test scenarios are developed in parallel with engineering development to ensure efficient and timely QC execution.
- Lead periodic team meetings with Engineering, QC and Product Operations Leader to continuously monitor progress, identify issues at risk and support/lead issue resolution.
- Provide, as required, project status reporting to stakeholders
- Support Beta program definition and execution (led by the product operations Team) Lead the regionalization development efforts to adapt product designs to country/region specific requirements ( defined by the Product operations team).
- At least 5 years of work experience with a minimum of 2 years in project and/or product management
- Strong project management expertise / experience preferably in digital, digital video, or music services organizations
- Experience with enterprise analytics
- Proven ability to create clear, detailed, concise documentation – project plans, backlog lists, requirements, status reports, roadmaps, charts, etc. (please include some samples)
- Proficient with PM tools such as Jira, MS Project, MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio
- Experience and interest in digital video, digital media, music services, and/or a related industry
- Specific experience producing either advertising, second screen or mobile products is highly preferred.
- Must be qualified to work in the US and New York City, relocation is not offered at this time
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Strong attention to detail, motivation, self-initiative with strong interpersonal skills.
This position will work closely with product development, product management, data analytics, and field service across our suite of hardware and software products.