Founded in 2002, Big Fish is the world’s largest producer of casual games; dedicated to bringing engaging entertainment to everyone, anywhere, on any device. Through its proprietary, data-driven platform, millions of consumers seeking engaging entertainment easily discover and play PC and mobile games created by Big Fish’s network of more than 600 development partners and its in-house Big Fish Games Studio. The company has distributed more than 2 billion games from a growing catalog of 3,000+ unique PC games and 300+ unique mobile games. Big Fish’s games are played in 150 countries on a wide variety of devices across 13 languages. The company is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with regional offices in Oakland, CA and Luxembourg.
We are currently looking for a Producer to join our Free to Play (F2P) Mobile team as we continue to focus on creating mobile gaming services with our 3rd Party developers. The successful candidate will manage all facets of F2P mobile game service production with 3rd party development teams. In this role you will work on several projects with a variety cross-functional team members, including product managers, game data analysts, marketing managers, 3rd party developers and game quality assurance to ensure smooth development and delivery of high quality mobile gaming services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Successfully deliver high quality F2P gaming services on time and on budget by managing all facets of 3rd Party F2P production and post-launch live operations, including feature prioritization; risk and schedule management; product reviews; and milestone approvals.
- Work with developer relations to ensure development contracts accurately reflect the product requirements, scope, schedule and budget through launch and during live operations.
- As the primary point of contact for the developer, ensure a healthy developer and publisher relationship. Maintain alignment on goals and deliverables through excellent communication.
- Manage the production of several games concurrently at various stages of development.
- Collaborate with other members of the mobile production team and assist in the development and implementation of best practices, standardized processes and shared learnings.
- Provide consistent and accurate status updates on the development efforts to all stakeholders. Be capable of providing solutions to complex development challenges to keep projects on track.
- Provide feedback on the game design and feature sets, based on a thorough understanding of mobile F2P games and competitor best practices.
Experience, skills and education requirements:
- At least 3 years experience in core game or casual game development, ideally with a focus on F2P and/or mobile.
- Proven production leadership on high quality games.
- Excellent project management abilities, with a focus on external development and/or operating games as a service.
- Solid understanding of the F2P casual games market.
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with mobile platforms (especially iOS).
- Must be a highly motivated team player who possesses strong collaboration skills.
- Experience providing qualitative and productive game design feedback.
- Web-browser and MS Office knowledge required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Come be the next Big Fish in the Pond!