KIXEYE is looking for a talented individual to be a part of the creative & engineering teams working on the studios flagship Unreal 4 title. This particular opening requires that the candidate be motivated, possess excellent communication skills, and has the ability to work well with a cross-disciplinary group.
The Principal VFX Artist will be responsible for creation, implementation, and systems spec for all effects components in the game. They will need to collaborate closely with engineering, design, and the other art disciplines to develop incredibly immersive, realistic visual effects.
Major responsibilities include:
* Complete ownership of complex particle effects using Unreal Engine 4.
* Ownership and interaction with programmers and technical art to develop, enhance, and maintain VFX systems.
* Work with Art Dir. to establish particle effects, post effects, and lighting effects.
Skills and Experience:
* 1 shipped title as a Lead VFX Artist on PC or major console platform preferably with Unreal 3.
* 6+ years professional games development experience as an effects artist.
* In-depth understanding of current computer graphics capabilities and limitations.
* Experience with C++ programming and scripting languages.
* Extensive knowledge and proficiency in Unreal Engine 3 Cascade, Kismet, and Scene Post Effects.
* Solid understanding of next-gen VFX authoring process, limitations and dependencies.
* Solid time management & communication skills.
* SPECIAL NOTE:** A portfolio submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects. Please include a shot breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating. **