Infinity Ward is looking for an experienced rendering engineer to drive the vision of what a true next gen console title can achieve. You’ll be joining an experienced and highly capable team of engineers and content creators; you should be passionate and proactive and looking to build amazing looking games.
• Own the overall engineering vision, feature scope and performance tradeoffs of the Infinity Ward rendering engine
• Work with the engineering and content teams to identify rendering technology trends applicable to console development. Implement key components and/or distribute to other team members for implementation
• Evaluate and uphold the strict performance requirements of the rendering engine
• Analyze, optimize, and improve existing rendering pathways and content creator workflows
• Communicate and educate fellow developers about implemented features and rendering technologies in general
• Understand and embrace the constraints of a game development cycle (you know when bug fixing and optimization become more important than new features)
• B.S. (or higher) in Software Engineering or equivalent
• 8+ years of graphics programming experience, including Xbox One, PS4 or equivalent platform development
• Knowledge of performance and memory constraints as they relate to game development
• Strong 3D math, particularly as it relates to modern rendering techniques such as energy conservation, alternate basis representations, data fitting, voxelization and path tracing etc.
• Fluent in modern 3D graphics APIs (Direct3D11+, OpenGL4.0+)
• Expert debugging and performance analysis skills
• Good working knowledge of modern day GPU hardware and typical performance bottlenecks: Xbox One, PS4, GCN/Kepler + etc.
To apply: Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Activision Blizzard and its affiliated companies is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.