Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented previz artist to assist our cinematics team in creating the next generation of our award-winning cinematics! The previz artist will create previz versions of sequences and shots that help support the director’s intention via appropriate use of camera lenses, movement, composition, staging, motion blocking, and editing.
- Create shots that depict the action, camera placement, and acting of the characters in that sequence.
- Pro-actively identify possible creative / technical problems with sequences.
- Come up with visual solutions to best communicate the director's intent to the audience.
- Efficiently find the fastest, simplest way to communicate an idea for discussion.
- Adaptable and flexible (previs can take many different forms both creatively and technically depending on the needs of the production).
- Knowledge of film-making principles especially in regards to camera choices, clear staging, and continuity cutting
- Knowledge of cinematic language, camera terminology, and visual story-telling
- Knowledge of Maya is required, including modeling, rigging, shaders, etc.
- A degree or equivalent in Computer Graphics, Animation, Film-making, or other related course
- Team oriented and able to take direction from a supervisor or director
- Knowledge and experience using camera capture systems
- Previous experience as previz artist in the video game or movie industries
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Reel (online link only)
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.