With offices in 30 countries in Europe, North American and Asia, Gameloft, a worldwide publisher and developer of digital and social games, is seeking gifted Online Programmer to help create the next generation of exciting new games. As a key member of the engineering team you will be responsible the development and architecture of our multiplayer network games.
This position is based in the great city of New York, an international metropolis just waiting to provide inspiration and fascination for you! Why Gameloft New York?
- Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual atmosphere
- International environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
So what are you waiting for? Don't miss out on this opportunity and be a part of a talented, dynamic and international video-games studio for 3D games!
- Work closely with the design teams to define and program/develop the network portion of our games currently in development;
- Create and deploy the server architecture;
- Assist the gameplay developers and other developers in coding the game applications on the server side;
- Suggest the best techniques to offer players the best network experience (optimize client/server exchanges and reduce latency);
- Perform client/server programming;
- Produce relevant documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science: specializing in computer networks and multimedia communications
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++/PHP/mySQL
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in developing and launching online multiplayer games
- Excellent skill in socket programming (UDP/TCP)
- Motivated by and passionate about video games
- Experience with Facebook a plus