Community Manager- GT Explore Studio
We are seeking a Community Manager with great communication skills, a passion for product development, and a strong background in community management to oversee aspects of day-to-day community life for PlayStation Digital Platforms.
This individual will support SCEA’s first party franchise title by moderating forums, spearheading community events, responding to user posts, managing content, and working with Production, Design, Art, PR and Marketing to creating a strong online presence and fan base loyalty.
The ideal candidate should have experience planning web content and features. They should have exceptional project management skills, a love of social media, a love of gaming, and an extremely positive attitude.
• Coordinate with production, design, web, marketing, and other internal departments to ensure that the community team and players stay informed of company priorities and activities
• Help define and maintain the community strategy including methods for engagement, moderation policies, content building, and outreach initiatives
• Communicate directly with players, building strong relationships and maintaining a visible external presence on the forums and other social sites
• Review, author, and coordinate the release of external and internal messaging
• Support and help to generate asset releases, including screenshots, videos, patches, and demos
• Monitor discussion forums and other communication media to identify common player issues and discussion patterns
• Advocate internally on behalf of the player ensuring that company and development priorities are informed of player needs
• Conceptualize and execute community-facing initiatives including contests, volunteer programs, offline events, convention presence, viral initiatives, promotional opportunities and email campaigns
• Claim and protect brand names on social networks by creating profiles
• Coordinate with production and web development teams to help plan and develop community and website features (forums, content systems, etc.)
• Compile and distribute Daily, Weekly, and Monthly community-related metric reports ensuring upwards visibility as well as helping inform what metrics are valuable
• Identify and offer solutions for breaking down barriers between customers and our product and studio. This includes identifying needs that aren't being met from the customer's perspective
Required Knowledge / Skills:
• Excellent intrapersonal skills - Friendliness, diplomacy, and imperturbability are must
• Understanding of the day-to-day needs and emotions of gamers is crucial. Make good, timely decisions in fast-paced situations
• Knowledge of videogame development
• Must solve routine problems effectively and react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround
• Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically through multiple groups a must
• Must be able to define and execute event and promotions strategies in the context of an online community
• Must be able to effectively allocate resources to ensure completion of plans
• Strong oral and written communication skills required
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum of 4 years experience in Community Management or related field
• Games industry experience strongly preferred
• Media experience preferred
• Automotive industry experience a huge plus
• Bilingual/ bi-cultural (Japanese) a plus
• Works locally in Venice, CA. Occasional travel.