We have an exciting opportunity for a Networking Software Engineer to join our engineering team. Your focus will be on low-level and game level network design and programming. You will have the opportunity and be prepared to work on a system that will support a high level of concurrent daily active users.
- Co-Design server and client side networking code.
- Maintain and optimize core network gameplay functionality.
- Debug and fix networking issues.
- Implement new online features as defined by the game design documents.
- Develop tools to help debug issues.
- 4 years of professional network or systems programming experience using C++.
- Experience on a project with a high number of current daily users.
- Experience with network gameplay synchronization and online game service APIs, such as Xbox Live, PSN, Steam.
- Working knowledge of networking systems and their components including: DNS, NAT, firewalls, security methods, peer-to-peer and client server models.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust, maintainable and cutting-edge technology.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.
- Experience with C# / .NET or Java.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, LUA, etc.).
- Knowledge in web frameworks, tech and commerce.
- Experience in a Linux environment.