Do you have a natural tendency to look for and solve problems in order to satisfy your curiosity? Are you big on creating a pleasant online experience for users around the world through strong networking systems? If so, let’s start a conversation for what may be your next career adventure!
Piranha Games has an opportunity for a Network Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. In this position, you will be provide your expertise in online networking and collaborate with a group of talented individuals. This is an ideal role for someone who is looking for new challenges and a chance to work with a dynamic team of talents.
What you will be doing:
- Design, implement, test, debug, and integrate of multiplayer networking code
- Offer architectural recommendations for performance, stability, and security
- Plan deployment of new functionality into a live environment
- Serve as PC online game domain expert for online systems
- Profile and debug critical networking issues
- Create and maintain tools to monitor, manage, and debug all online functionality
- Assist in large-scale load testing efforts
- Contribute to overall health of systems and architecture by writing high-quality code and documentation
- Advise Producer and Project Manager regarding tasks, scheduling, and project concerns
What you will bring:
- 5+ years video game programming experience, preferably in a similar capacity
- Solid understanding and experience with client-server architectures within a game environment
- Strong C/C++ engineering skills
- Knowledgeable about cheating/anti-cheating in multiplayer games
- Experienced with latency issues, physics simulations, and network protocols
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team-oriented environment
What we consider as pluses!
- Experience developing First Person Shooter (FPS) multiplayer games, ideally with Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) games
- Experience with CryEngine 3 and Linux tool chains
- Proven ability of debugging skills
- Experience working within Agile Game Development methodologies
- Passion for games!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’re looking for, we invite you to submit your resume through our Online Application System - http://piranhagames.com/#CAREERS. For more information about Piranha Games, please visit our website at www.piranhagames.com.
We thank you for your interests in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.