Magic Pixel Games was founded in 2010 by the core members that developed the award-winning Steven Spielberg's BOOM BLOX. Much of our team has worked together for almost a decade, and we’ve now struck out on our own to continue our tradition of creating extraordinary games. Our first product was launched in 2011: Carnival Island, developed with Sony Santa Monica Studio.
We’re now making high-quality free-to-play multiplayer mobile games – you can play our first effort: Stick to It! on iOS. Our next projects will be more expansive as we complete our transition to mobile platforms.
Our small but mighty team employs a three-pronged strategy that results in games that delight everyone who plays, serious and casual gamers alike:
Rapid prototyping to find the fun quickly
Understanding a platform’s strengths and limitations
Fostering a collaborative, nurturing environment in which creative ideas fuel our productivity
Our team is now looking for a Game Server Engineer to help build the infrastructure for our game to be enjoyed by players all over the world. Our ideal candidate will work closely with our systems and gameplay engineering team to handle game data transfer over the internet, server-side validation, metrics and data warehousing, but will also participate in other roles as needed. We’re a small team, we move fast, and you’ll be a lynchpin player on a very agile (and sometimes chaotic!) team.
Each member of our closely-knit team makes a very real contribution to the game, and we firmly believe that awesome ideas come from everyone. We all wear many hats, we play to each other’s strengths, and we build on each other’s ideas. We’re looking for a teammate who can share in the creation of our game's vision. Our small team takes on big challenges. We love what we do, and you will too!
- Design, architect, and implement APIs and scalable server-side logic for our cloud-based mobile multiplayer games and shared platform services on a cutting-edge web technology stack
- Work closely with game teams and aid in development of native and managed client side platform libraries, adapters and data structures to support the server model
- Plan and develop back-end features, services and third-party integrations for content management, content delivery, analytics and social networks
- Well-versed in HTTP, RESTful API design principles, security concerns and optimization techniques such as caching and request batching
- Blocking IO calls make you cringe
- Self-motivated, proactive and engaged attitude towards the project and the technology to make it happen
- Comfortable working on an agile and collaborative team
- Strong debugging and communications skills
- Accurate time and schedule management
- Passionate for playing and working on mobile games
- Generalist skill set, adaptable and flexible
- Experience working on shipping games, specifically asynchronous or real-time multiplayer mobile or social games
- Proficient in a compiled language such as C++, Objective-C or C#
- Extra bonus for experience supporting live games
- Experience in data modeling concerns for SQL and NoSQL databases to support low latency and horizontal scalability, preferably MongoDB and Redis
- Experience deploying to and scaling on AWS
- Social identity management
- Server sent events, particularly WebSockets and Socket.IO
- Mobile platform experience on iOS and/or Android a plus
- Web development and HTML5 experience
- Experience in cocos2d-x and Unity game engines
- Linux proficiency
For more information, visit our web site at:
Submit resumes and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org