Founded in 2014 by Cliff Bleszinski and Arjan Brussee, Boss Key Productions is a new video game development studio based in the heart of Raleigh, NC. BKP believes in an agile, no-nonsense approach to product and studio building with an emphasis on high quality product in a friendly environment while remaining as transparent as possible to the gaming community.
Boss Key is currently partnered with Nexon on a project that is codenamed “BlueStreak” a free to play science fiction first person shooter.
Boss Key Productions is looking for a talented and versatile multiplayer game designer who's willing to get their hands dirty in a wide range of systems and gameplay designs for our competitive sci-fi shooter - BlueStreak.
- Work as part of the gameplay team in a highly collaborative environment
- Design and steer the prototyping and implementation of various game mechanics and features
- Write all necessary documentation to support design concepts and goals
- Work within the editor to manage and balance all appropriate stats and variables
- Take a game mechanic or feature from concept to ship quality
- Iterate, take feedback, iterate some more, take some more feedback, and keep iterating until we've struck gold
- All applicants MUST play FPS shooters (bold underlined type means we are serious about this)
- At least 2-3 years experience as a multiplayer game designer working on gameplay systems and mechanics
- A minimum of 1 AAA title developed alongside a moderate to large-sized team
- Have a deep understanding of game balance and building multiplayer systems
- Understanding of the FPS market and what its players want, while simultaneously having a broad understanding of systems and mechanics in other genres
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- You absolutely must be open-minded and not afraid to try something new, even if it has not been done ever/successfully before
- A strong working relationship and ethic when it comes to working with other development disciplines
- Capable of working independently and without constant check-ins or task lists provided - quite simply, you can get it done
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passionate all around gamer (bonus points if you include tabletop and board games to that list)
- Only US citizens or individuals with a valid green card should apply.
- Willing to break out of your comfort zone and wear multiple hats as a designer - UI, weapon balance, monetization, metagame and social mechanics are terms that don't scare you, regardless of how much experience you might have previously had working on them
- Specialty or a strong interest in metagame systems and UI/UX is a big plus.
- You and Excel are best buds
- Deep knowledge of competitive multiplayer games, especially shooters, fighting games and strategy games
- You abhor the smell of bullshit