As the Monetization Director, you will bring your visionary leadership and execution experience to one of CCP’s best development teams to drive increased monetization while delighting our players and without compromising on making the highest quality product possible. You should have a strong understanding of the bigger picture of game development with preferably hands-on experience in live game services. You will need a deep understanding of game design and commerce flows, including the impact of your decisions on monetization performance. A key skill for this role is to be able to inspire artists, programmers, producers, marketing staff, and others involved in the development process to create products and features which drive higher monetization while keeping the quality bar as high as possible no matter the medium.
- Business and customer-centric - You use customer-centered principles to shape a strategy and positively impact both business goals and the player experience.
- A team leader - You know the best leaders build on a strong foundation of trust that inspires teammates to explore imaginative solutions in pursuit of quality results; you lead by example, and use your knowledge and experience to help teammates level up their skills as you work alongside them.
- Product insightful - You use a combination of experience, research and intuition to set an ambitious quality bar and inspire team members to overcome obstacles and explore imaginative solutions in pursuit of perfection.
- Strategically adaptive - You thrive in rapidly-evolving, ambiguous environments where you can work independently and stretch your creative muscles to find imaginative solutions; you know a great idea can come from anywhere, and rapidly change gears to adapt to shifting business or player needs.
- Design, implementation and evaluation of our monetization strategies Further development of monetization approaches based on quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Work closely with the sales, production, marketing and PR teams in planning and delivering features, events, special offers and other monetization measures Close cooperation with product owners and business intelligence
- A degree in economics or similar subjects
- 3+ years of professional experience in the web browser, online or mobile games segments
- Proven success in the monetization of online game services
- A passion for games and a good understanding of what makes a game appealing to different audiences.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong ability in reporting and analysis/tracking tools
- Very good knowledge of the international gaming industry as well as different business models
- High degree of self-responsibility coupled with strongly pronounced sales and results orientation and self-motivation
- Work with the design team and product leaders to shape the monetization strategy, establishing consistent quality standards while maintaining a culture of continuous evolution.
- Advise and mentor your peers, collaborating with Lead Designers and other managers to share knowledge, set realistic goals and seek out challenges and experiential opportunities.
- Ensure experiential consistency and quality across CCP by setting flexible design principles and evangelizing them throughout the organization.
- Build collaborative relationships with thought leaders across CCP and work with cross-functional teams to build fresh, but accessible solutions with always the objective to enhance the overall gamer experience.