You are a great team player with a flair and passion for monetization and online games. You have a natural interest in games and other products targeted at kids.
The ideal candidate has a background in economics but extensive experience with game monetization can replace this. In any case, you consider the economics of a game an important part of the overall game experience – and will do your best to make our games perform to their maximum. You are constantly keeping up to speed with the latest development in the industry – and like to present ideas and business cases that will keep us one-step ahead of the competition.
About the Job
MovieStarPlanet is one of the world’s most popular games and social networks for tweens, available in 15 countries and 11 languages. Our graphics are a huge part of our identity and they are recognizable all over the world by our 150 million registered users. Also, MovieStarPlanet ApS is developing a wide range of other, smaller games, that will expand our position in the market continuously.
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will be part of our internal Game Design Team. You will work as a supporting function, collaborating closely across the teams.
You will be a given a large amount of freedom and responsibility in your day-to-day work, allowing you to perform to your absolute maximum. Tasked to lead the way for our monetization strategy, you are given the possibility to excel within this field.
- Create Monetization Strategy for core products as well as affiliated products
- Work with the rest of the Design Team on how to make monetization a natural and integral part of all products
- Work closely with our cross-discipline production teams in their implementation of the monetization strategy and designs
- Define KPIs for both internally and externally developed games across all platforms
- Constantly monitor the performance of all games as well as day-to-day revenue and react diligently on findings
- Monitor, analyze, and manage the in-game economy in close collaboration with our Data Analyst
- Provide studio management with relevant insight into monetization best practices, scenarios and business cases
You are dedicated to your work and take pride in doing a great job. In addition you have:
- A passion for games and other products targeted at kids – this is a must!
- Hands on experience with game design
- Extensive experience with monetization of games (ideally games targeted at kids)
- In-depth knowledge of monetization best practices and competing games and products
- Great communication skills in English both verbally and in writing
- Self-direction and self-motivation to reach the company’s goals
- A wish to work as a part of a cross-disciplinary team
Why work for us?
You get to be part of one of the fastest growing entertainment companies in Denmark, producing some of the most popular games in the world for tweens. You have the opportunity to work with highly qualified, creative and innovative people who are very ambitious and strive to produce the most talked about and played games in the world.
Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we also strive to be the best place to work by providing a casual and fun environment where ideas can flourish. We have employees from all corners of the globe, adding to our vibrant and eclectic atmosphere, and utilize English as our corporate language.
- Full-time position located in Copenhagen
- Salary according to qualifications
- Start as soon as possible
How to apply
Please apply for this position online by clicking “Apply Now “. Your application should contain the following:
- A cover letter – including a short description of your educational background and experience and why you are motivated to work at MovieStarPlanet
- Your CV
- Portfolio with graphics you’ve designed
- Other material, such as exam results and/or recommendations
This information should be attached to the application.
MovieStarPlanet ApS is the company behind MovieStarPlanet.com, a virtual game and community for tweens aged 8 – 15 years. In a world of Fame, Fortune and Friends, each user designs their own movie star avatar, which can be used for creating small cartoon-like movies, chat and play games with other users. MovieStarPlanet is also behind a number of games released for phones and tablets.
Launched in Denmark in 2009, MovieStarPlanet has since experienced explosive growth. Currently, the website is marketed in 11 European markets as well as the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Globally it ranks among the fastest growing virtual worlds for the target group with over 150 million registered users. MovieStarPlanet ApS employs over 100 staff and is based in the attractive surroundings of the new and modern part of Copenhagen called Ørestad, located very close to the city centre and the metro line.