A mid level Software Engineer reports to a Senior Software Engineer. Your primary responsibilities are helping design and developing features as determined with the team’s senior developer. These responsibilities include coordinating with design and art to develop features, and helping develop technical designs. High-level communication and listening skills will be key to collaborating within and across teams. We are looking for candidates that understand best practices and debugging at a high level, and enjoy taking a project from design to release. For the senior role we are looking for thorough technical and debugging capabilities, and the ability to manage dependencies and assess risks. We also appreciate skills within and outside your chosen discipline, and look for people to share in the fun we have collectively bringing new concepts to life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate across disciplines to create project plans and schedules.
• Oversee and mentor a development team from design through deployment. • Manage and anticipate dependencies, issues and risks.
• Develop key features and core architecture.
• Collaborate with design and art to develop features.
• Work with test and use self-testing to minimize and fix issues.
• Work across disciplines to improve pipelines and processes. Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Senior
• 2+ Years leading or managing a game team with at least one shipped game.
• Expert understanding in 3 of C/C++, C#, Obj-C, Java, PHP/JS, or Flash/AS.
• Ability to foresee and manage dependencies and risks during development.
• Experience with database design and usage.
• Experience with multiple platforms and/or cross-platform development.
• 5+ Years experience in game development with at least two shipped games.
• Considerable knowledge in 2 of C/C++, C#, Obj-C, Java, or Flash/AS.
• Ability to foresee and communicate issues during development. • Exceptional diagnostic and debugging skills, with QA collaboration.
• Considerable experience with network game design and development.
• Experience and desire to work very closely with designers and artists.
• Ability to maintain a fun and collaborative atmosphere throughout.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• BA or BS in Computer Science, or similar.
• Experience with Facebook or similar development and deployment.
• Experience with iOS or other mobile development.
• Experience with Unity or similar game engines.
• Experience with a wide array of middleware.
• Experience with build systems and pipeline/plug-in/tools development.
• Experience with Amazon AWS or similar service deployments.
• Experience with MongoDB or similar NoSQL development.
• Experience with Perforce. • Experience with JIRA or similar management software.
• Experience with UNIX/Linux environments.
• Varied hobbies, activities and talents.
• A natural ability to have fun with whatever you do.
**If you would like to be a part of our team, focused on having fun and exploring creative entertainment development, apply now.