NCsoft West is looking for a detail-oriented Localization Analyst to support a team of content writers bringing localized content for multiple major MMORPGs to a North American audience. This person will be in charge of localization tool development/maintenance, terminology management, maintaining glossaries, making language package files and ensuring overall consistency. They will also be called upon at times to help with writing and editing the in-game text.
- Localize XML UI codes.
- Develop new localization tools which support terminology and glossary management.
- Maintain the existing localization tools with bug fixes and such.
- Rewrite and edit Korean to English translations of in-game text and database items to appeal to an English-speaking Western audience.
- Integrate rewritten content from all writers into translation databases.
- Create and update conversion scripts.
- Work with QA and other writers to research, test, fix, and document localization and user interface bugs.
- Write and maintain batch file scripts to automate processes.
- Knowledge in XML, HTML, and Java scripts.
- Strong English writing skills.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to fast changing requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of Regular Expressions and ability to adapt to application specific RE formats.
- Comfortable working in Excel.
- 1 year of prior technical Editing experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of programming languages (C++, Java, XML, and etc.).
- 1 year of prior creative writing experience.
- Familiar with Perforce or other version management software a plus.
- Familiar with bug tracking software is a plus.
- Graphics or UI experience is a plus.
- Familiar with the peculiarities of Search and Replace scripts is a plus.
- Able to write complex batch files is a plus.