Santa Monica, California
High School or equivalent
Level Designer - Treyarch
We are looking for highly driven, self-motivated Level Designers with intense creative vision and fresh ideas for gameplay. Our Level Designers collaborate with the level team to take a game level from concept to completion.
What you’ll be doing:
• Work with design leadership, artists, and other level designers to deliver environments that embody the creative vision of the game.
• Research subject matter related to the history and look of locations portrayed in a level.
• Collaborate with other designers, artists, animators and engineers to create levels that are not only incredibly fun, but look great and run well.
• Detail and polish geometry based on photo reference and concept art.
• Prioritize and self-manage to meet deadlines.
The skills/experience you’ll need:
• Two years of experience and one or more published AAA titles in a level design capacity.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other designers, management, and peers in other disciplines.
• Overall knowledge of game design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, etc.
• Be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
• Proficiency with one or more 3D level/world creation packages.
• Familiarity with recent shooters and the trends of the genre.
And you’ll really get our attention if you have:
• Experience with the Radiant level editor
• Architecture background
• Mod community experience
Home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, Treyarch is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records, and whose previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time. .
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.