2K is looking for an experienced Level Architect to help create jaw-dropping visuals for our top-secret, genre-shifting title. This is an amazing opportunity to work side-by-side with the finest talent working in game development today.
• Work in close collaboration with Designers and Modelers as a team to create levels.
• Design and work out the details of modular systems of architecture for levels.
• Layout and lighting of levels.
• Optimize final levels for performance.
• Work with Designers to make gameplay and 3D space function harmoniously.
• Work with Art Director and Environment Lead to ensure artistic unity across the game.
• Create and manage asset lists in collaboration with internal partner teams.
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent.
• 2 or more years of experience in internal game development with an emphasis on environmental art or level architecture.
• At least 1 shipped title, experience with AAA titles preferred.
• Knowledge of 3D Studio Max, ZBrush and Photoshop.
• Recent use of industry standard game editors.
• Ability to inspire, and bring out talent in others.
• Attention to detail.
• Classic drawing or painting techniques with the ability to sketch out ideas on paper.
• Good sense of spatial composition and proportions.
• Understanding of basic architecture.