Santa Monica, California
Playstation 4, Wii U, Xbox One
High School or equivalent
Lead Unity Engineer
Here at Beachhead Studio, we are determined to create the best mobile gaming experiences out there and part of that means we’re going to need the best software engineers out there to help us develop and innovate. We are currently looking for the best Unity engineers that can help us achieve our goals.
The Lead Unity Engineer position will not only be responsible for Unity development, but will also provide tech leadership on our Unity initiatives. Prototyping new game designs will be part of the work, in addition to working on existing game elements that gamers have grown to love.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Implementing game functionality in the Unity 3D engine for mobile
• Producing technical documentation
• Communicating with the producers and game designers to collaborate on the project
• Addressing bugs and other issues in a timely manner
• Helping determine and develop tools and pipelines to facilitate more gaming ideas
• Guiding other Unity developers with tasks to help bring the application to completion
The skills and experience we’re looking for:
• Over five years experience in software development
• Experience with C#
• Experience providing tech leadership
• Experience with the Unity SDK
• Experience with mobile app development
Really catch our eye with:
• Familiarity with Objective C
• Familiarity with Java (Android)
• Experience with game design
• A passion for games
• Experience with AAA game development
Beachhead Studio, an Activision game developer located in Santa Monica, CA, is seeking exceptional talent committed to innovation, quality, and excellence. Beachhead specializes in mobile companion experiences and extending blockbuster console games online. Beachhead Studio originally built Call of Duty ELITE and just released the Call of Duty App and Clan Wars for Call of Duty: Ghosts.
Our team is comprised of developers, producers, and designers focused on creating incredible mobile experiences, combining gaming and traditional mobile app functionality on all major mobile platforms as well as on the web.
The Call of Duty App and Call of Duty ELITE are at the forefront of interactive entertainment, allowing millions of Call of Duty players to interact with their friends, clans, and extend the Call of Duty experience, both while they are playing and when they are away from the game. .