Do you have a natural tendency to look for and solve problems in order to satisfy your curiosity? Are you big on creating a pleasant online experience for users around the world through strong networking systems? If so, let’s start a conversation for what may be your next career adventure!
Piranha Games has an opportunity for a Network Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. In this position, you will be provide your expertise in online networking and collaborate with a group of talented individuals. This is an ideal role for someone who is looking for new challenges and a chance to work with a dynamic team of talents.
What you will be doing:
- Lead technical design, implementation, development testing, defect investigation and resolution
- Compose technical design documents and breakdown high level requirements into development tasks and work items
- Partner with Game Designers, Technical Director, and development to deliver game specific solutions
- Provide technical guidance to team members
- Conduct code reviews to help enforce high standards of code quality and consistency
- Work with the Technical Director to provide technical expertise, direction, and lead planning initiatives
- Contribute to guidelines and coding standards used for building reusable application components that are easy to maintain, troubleshoot, and test
- Provide technical input into product roadmaps, negotiating compromises between business and technical constraints
- Identify and assist in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
- Partner with Producer and Project Manager on providing work breakdown, estimating timelines and identifying resource needs
- Contribute wherever you can to help the team meet its commitments
- Proactively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and with predictability
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities as requested
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 8+ years of software development experience with a portion of that experience in a lead role; preferably working in the game industry
- 5+ years with C++ and OOP experience
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
- Good understanding of client server architecture and experience with handling a synchronized operations
- Experience with build and configuration management and build-test-deploy automation
- Comfortable with both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Can provide elegant solutions to complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
What we considered as pluses!
- Experience working within Agile Game Development methodologies
- Experience working with game engines
- Passion for games!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’re looking for, we invite you to submit your resume through our Online Application System - http://piranhagames.com/#CAREERS. For more information about Piranha Games, please visit our website at www.piranhagames.com
We thank you for your interests in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.