Specular Interactive is on a mission to create a truly fun and exciting game experience no matter if you are playing in the arcade, at home or on the go. We are also intent on having fun while doing it.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer with extensive Unreal Engine experience, superlative C++ coding skills, a proven history of fun gameplay programming, fluency in 3D math and coding, a high degree of task versatility, a firm understanding of what’s going on “under-the-hood”, a strong commitment to finding elegant solutions, and the desire and knowhow to work as a key member of an amazing development team to produce great games.
You will be working in beautiful Orange County with one of the best and most experienced teams in the gaming industry. You’ll get to work on exciting new game projects with cutting edge in-house custom engines and industry-leading middleware.
- Write high quality gameplay, engine, and tool code.
- Contribute to game design and gameplay.
- Drive the technology and architecture of our projects.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of our games.
- Work with other leads in developing project plans and work closely with the rest of the team to build and deliver the best gaming experience possible.
- Establish and prioritize engineering tasks for the development team.
- Evaluate and mentor engineers and support their individual development.
- Identify and solve complex problems.
- Review and approve completed engineering tasks in collaboration with other leads.
- Research and self-educate to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain the company’s technological evolution.
- 5+ years professional experience as a Programmer or Senior Programmer on game team.
- 2+ years professional experience developing for Unreal Engine 3 technology.
- At least 3 shipped game titles in role of Programmer or Senior Programmer.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Track record of coding fun gameplay.
- Very strong 3D math skills.
- Highly skilled in clean, objected-oriented, highly optimized C++
- Highly experienced in modern, shader-based graphics pipelines.
- Experienced in tools development.
- Experience in multi-threading and network programming a plus.