Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic lead software engineer to help drive our game automation projects and test infrastructure. The ideal candidate has experience managing teams to build test infrastructures and tools, working with development teams to drive test requirements, and developing test automation for large projects. In addition, this person will need to have passion for creating epic games, and a strong desire to push the state of the art for testing games.
- Work with management and production to establish engineering tasks and schedules.
- Work with external teams to gather requirements, design test engineering strategies, determine test hooks needed, and provide visibility into the test development roadmap.
- Contribute to setting the technical direction of the team.
- Balance time between managing and contributing through programming.
- Evaluate and mentor engineers on the team.
- Serve as a partner in the team’s leadership.
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks, and maintain a process of technological evolution.
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned by management.
- A minimum of 10 years’ programming tools and/or test automation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of software and game testing
- Mastery of C++ and / or C#
- Knowledge of SQL programming
- Experience architecting solutions for complex systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Shipped at least one AAA title as a Senior or Lead Software Engineer
- Passion for video games
- Experience with Python, Lua, and AutoIt scripting languages
- Knowledge of security and performance testing
- Familiarity writing extensions for Maya and Photoshop
- Familiarity with multiple flavors of SQL (MySql, PL/SQL, MS SQL)
- Multi-platform expertise (Windows, OSX, Linux)
- Experience working on agile teams (Scrum, Lean)
- Knowledge of test automation products