Lead Project Engineer
Disney Publishing is looking for a talented Lead Project Engineer to join our Glendale, California studio. We are not sharing too much information about our plans at the moment, but if you might be the right person, we’ll let you in on the secret.
We’re building our technology team and we’re looking top talent to be part of our exciting journey. It’s a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and build something that could change the world!
As the Lead Project Engineer, you will be leading the development of one of our app families.
You will lead a small and focused team of engineers to build and ship a collection of related apps. You will contribute directly to the design and implementation of the software, while ensuring that your team meets the high degree of quality and polish expected in a Disney title. You will collaborate with other leads on the future technology requirements, the prioritization of features and participate in the evaluation of technology.
- 7 or more years in relevant professional experience, preferably in game and/or mobile application development.
- Computer science or other degree relevant to game development, or equivalent work experience.
- Solid experience building and shipping commercial games.
- In-depth knowledge of iOS, OSX, OpenGL, 2D and 3D math, physics, AI and optimization techniques.
- Highly proficient in C++ and strong skills in other languages such as C# or Objective-C.
- Ability to guide and mentor team members on complex programming and problem solving tasks.
- Hands-on experience with middleware, such as Unity, Cocos2D/3D, Box2D, Bullet etc.
- Great communications skills and the ability to manage up and down.
- A positive attitude with a passion to change the world with our products.
- Deep understanding of game development tools and technologies.
- Cross-platform development experience (especially iOS/Android/OSX)
- Ability to rapidly prototype new concepts and ideas.
- Familiarity with Scrum and agile development techniques.
- Experience with unit testing, continuous integration and automated testing.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Lua etc.)