Cloud Imperium Games is seeking an accomplished engineer to lead the development of our online architecture for Star Citizen. This individual will work closely with other engineers, designers, and producers to extend and maintain our server infrastructure, including network communications, game and service feature implementation, security countermeasures, and maintenance of the game platform.
• Drive the development and evolution of the server infrastructure that powers Star Citizen.
• Contribute to the technical direction of the online team.
• Ensure that the online team adheres to established coding standards and embraces efficient and robust engineering practices.
• Collaborate with production and other leads to develop tasks and schedules for the online team.
• Ensure that all technology interests and policies are properly represented and maintained through the course of development.
• Serve as an active partner in the game team’s leadership.
• Diagnose and fix complex player-impacting problems on the live game servers.
• Performance measuring and optimizations.
• Deployment of patches and live hotfixes.
• Implement instrumentation and testing strategies to ensure correct functionality of features.
• Architecture of a robust system that can scale with the long-term growth of the game project.
• A minimum of 10 years of programming experience.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in an engineering leadership role.
• Fluent in C/C++
• Experience with multi-threaded programming and distributed systems.
• Experience implementing scalable client/server architectures
• Working knowledge of network and server security issues.
• Experience implementing TCP/UDP networking.
• Familiarization with code and data optimization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to develop coding solutions with simple, elegant, and easy-to-maintain code.
• Skilled at diagnosing and fixing crashes, deadlocks, stack overflows, and heap corruption.
• Passion for space simulations and science fiction.
• Computer Science or related degree.
• Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle).
• Low-level network knowledge and diagnosis including packet capture (tcpdump, wireshark), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, NAT busting.
• Familiar with higher-level network protocols such as HTTP, SNMP, SMTP, FTP
• Passion for technology.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lead Network Engineer” in the subject line if you are interested in this position.