Minimum Number Of Professional Titles:
Lead Mission Designer
Our goal with each game we make is to create deep and meaningful player experiences, and this means creating innovative and immersive missions and gameplay. The Lead Mission Designer is the focal point for this process, collaborating with the rest of the design and narrative teams to weave missions together into something unforgettable.
- Be the driving creative force behind mission development.
- Collaborate effectively and positively with other teams to lead the development of missions that are polished in appearance and gameplay.
- Create tasks with clear deadlines across multiple missions.
- Guide each team member mission by mission ensuring that the story is delivered in a cohesive manner and the game is properly balanced.
- Provide daily feedback and direction to drive constant, rapid iteration by mission designers to ensure that the missions meet the quality bar, support the design vision, and highlight the core mechanics.
- Champion designed levels through the production process, by running playtests, iterating, taking feedback, and showcasing the experiences.
- Help refine mission design processes, documentation, pipelines, and propose new tool ideas.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and performance management for the mission design team, developing their skills and career while managing them to excellent results.
- Communicate and coordinate across multiple disciplines to constantly refine the concept-to-ship mission creation process.
- Work closely with the Project Directors and other Leads to ensure quality across the game.
- Continuously strive to push the quality bar higher.
- Ability to lead a group of mission designers to create a cohesive game experience.
- At least 3 years of production management experience in console or PC development.
- At least 5 years of game design production experience as a mission designer, level designer or similar content creation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to design, script, and balance high-quality missions in a dynamically changing game production environment.
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to create project schedules and milestones and monitor the progress of milestones and individual tasks against those schedules
- An aptitude for learning new technology, scripting languages, engines, and systems; especially industry-standard content creation tools.
- Position is currently open to those eligible to work in the States, and willing to relocate to Bellevue, WA.
Key Success Criteria
- Be positive, productively self-motivated, and driven to excellence.
- Evangelize a game vision that stands out for creativity.
- Work closely with other disciplines to realize a shared vision
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
Friends Who Might Be Interested