Mobile games dominator Gameloft, worldwide publisher of mobile and social games, is looking for
a talented Lead Game Designer!
Our Lead Game Designer will create top quality games and mentor other designers for exciting upcoming mobile game titles. Current hit Gameloft games include:
Despicable Me: Minion Rush, Asphalt 8: Airborne, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Ironman 3, Kingdoms & Lords, GT Racing 2, Shark Dash, Oregon Trail: American Settler, A Good Day to Die Hard, NOVA: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, Littlest Pet Shop, The Dark Knight Rises, PLAYMOBIL Pirates, Real Soccer 2012 HD
This opportunity offers:
- Comprehensive benefits package including relocation assistance
- Excellent opportunity for professional growth
- Stability - check out our Annual Reports
- International environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
- Opportunity to create games with exceptionally broad distribution
- An exciting location in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with everything Seattle has to offer as the epicenter of gaming
Under the responsibility of the Creative Director and Studio Manager, our Lead Game Designer will:
- Design creative, exciting and fresh gameplay and content for original and live games
- Establish and drive a dynamic creative vision
- Lead, manage and mentor our talented game design team members
- Complete benchmarking & competition research
- Communicate with production to ensure appropriate and effective scheduling
- Collaborate with design teams to produce innovative ideas for new concepts and existing design issues
- Communicate with development teams and produce quality design documentation to ensure your creative vision is fulfilled
- 4+ years of professional game design experience with lead experience, preferably for mobile platforms
- Experience with design software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Adobe Photoshop, etc), 3D tools and engines
- In-depth knowledge of current trends in game design, including free-to-play and freemium models, as well as player demographics
- Proficient in all aspects of mobile game design, including gameplay, level design, game structure, balancing, and reward systems
- Ability to prototype ideas via standard tools like Photoshop, Flash, Sketch-up, 3D Studio Max, Unity, UDK, Blitz, etc.
- Familiar with C++ and JAVA
- High visual creativity and passion for developing video games
- Excellent knowledge of wireless devices - encyclopedic knowledge of iPhone would be a huge plus!
- Knowledge and appreciation of classic console video games, their flagship titles and their audience would be an asset
Chosen qualified candidates will be asked to complete a design assessment.
Since 2000, Gameloft® has proven a top innovator. We craft kick-ass games for all digital platforms and are tested Masters of the Mobile Space. Our freemium and premium games from casual to hardcore are localized in 12 languages and more than 100 countries. Your ballin guru skills will be seen by potentially millions of gamers. Meditate on that. We partner with more legendary brands than we can fit in a bullet point, like Marvel®, Hasbro®, FOX®, Mattel® and Ferrari®. We employ over 5,000 developers in over 30 countries spanning every continent and are on the top 120 companies of the NYSE Euronext Paris, ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA. Bazinga. Our mantra? Your talent, our legacy, unstoppable.