The ideal candidate will have experience in designing massively multiplayer and/or strategy games, either in the AAA or the free to play sector. He is not only a creative mind who can come up with suitable game mechanics appropriate to a mass-market game, but he also has the ability to communicate his ideas clearly, concisely, and understandably in both oral and written form. An analytical mind is equally required, as game mechanics must be both designed and balanced. He also knows that game development is about quality, time, and money… one can never have it all.
- Work with the lead designer to fine-tune the vision
- Come up with suitable game mechanics that fall in line with the game’s vision
- Create and maintain design documentation in a Wiki
- Iterate designs to create a great gameplay experience
- Communicate with an external developer to make them understand the design and the overall vision
- Proactively find problems with the gameplay and come up with solutions
- Excellent written communication skills (English)
- Very good analytical gameplay balancing skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Gameplay mechanics / system design
- Ability to understand the game’s vision and apply it to every design
- Ability to take direction and feedback, and working this into your designs
- At least 4 years of experience as a game designer
- Ca. 2 years of experience with strategy game titles
- At least 1 shipped title
- College degree preferred but not necessary
- Can demonstrate good writing skills
- A challenging and engaging software development environment with multiple proven and exciting games from start to end
- A professional and international team of specialist in all areas supporting you with long-year industry expertise
- Teamwork, quick decisions and possibilities to grow and supply own ideas
- Career paths and options to develop further over time
- More than 300 Million Users waiting for your game!
If you feel that your talent and abilities would make a valuable contribution to our future, we'd love to hear from you! Please apply online and make sure to mention your salary expectations and quoting reference number HH56075.
Please be aware, that we will only accept applications via our website. We regret that we won’t be able to consider applications which were send by post.