- The ideal candidate must have a deep understanding of the design process and modern business models and must be capable of acting as an enthusiastic, persuasive voice within the team.
- In a talented team of creative people, the lead game designer must act as both creator and curator of ideas and must be able to communicate these ideas with clarity at regular intervals.
- The role will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of the game design and for ensuring the game team is able to execute on this design.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Own the development and communication of game designs across the team.
- Know the game inside out and ensure the very highest quality standards are being met.
- Work closely with our games lab and testing teams to proactively identify design issues and develop robust, forward thinking and internally consistent solutions.
- Ensure members of the game team fully understand the design with regular synchronization points and centralized design documentation.
- Communicate major design decisions and issues with the producer, and to the team.
- Work with technical, art, audio and production leads to realize the game design vision.
- Be a hands-on member of the team, balancing and adjusting gameplay where necessary.
- Actively encourage the play testing of the game within the company to ensure it is high quality, playable and fun.
- Mentor and lead the designer’s team and act as a source of game design knowledge for the company.
- 8+ years in a designer role with at least 2 years in a lead position
- Strong understanding of all aspect of game design and development
- Excellent grasp of content development tools and pipelines
- Ability to work in a small team with hands on involvement in production and development of the game
- Exceptional leadership qualities, with ability to guide and inspire large development teams
- Proven ability to document and communicate design ideas
- Remarkable knowledge of the video game industry
- Strong relationship-management skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional design experience on multiple shipped mobile, commercial titles.
- Ability to work closely with all core development functions, as well as supporting functions.
- Proven ability to design systems that leverage unusual limitations into innovative experiences.
- Experience developing in a fast-passed, highly iterative and agile professional environment.
- Experience with metrics-based design