Lead FX Artist
Irrational is looking for a Lead FX Artist to manage a small art team while implementing FX and animation in AAA titles. The FX Lead will be working directly with directors and other leads to maintain the high quality of work expected at Irrational Games while staying within technical limitations. The FX Lead’s time will be split between managing a small team and working in directly in-engine creating FX.
- Managing a small team of artists in the implementation of FX in an Unreal engine-based game.
- Working with producers on scheduling and scoping out production tasks.
- Implementing FX in games while staying within set art and technical budgets.
- Working with directors and other leads to meet quality goals.
- Maintaining both technical and departmental standards.
- Shipped titles with Unreal Editor and Unreal Cascade.
- Ability to take direction well.
- Experience with scene lighting and layout.
- Strong grasp of cinematic theory and language.
- Ability to come up with elegant solutions to complex and often highly technical problems.
- 4+ years of game-industry experience with shipped titles.
- Proficient in 3D Studio Max and/or Maya.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop.
- Concept experience.
- Film or theater background.
- Storyboard background.
Must submit your portfolio or reel when applying.
To Apply: http://irrationalgames.com/careers-at-irrational?gnk=apply&gni=8acda1103f0d3eee013f1bd950e3663b&gns=Other