Robotoki is seeking an energetic, organized, passionate Environment Artist to lead the creative visual realization of Environment Props for our Open World Game. The ideal candidate is an exceptional, hands on, environment artist with expert knowledge of layout, lighting, modeling and texturing principles and pipelines. All leads must possess strong leadership skills, production-sensibilities, and the talent to elevate the team to produce the highest quality work. All applicants please also include wireframes of models including a texture breakdown. For large scenes please include a breakdown of what you worked on in the shot.
· Lead the creation of environment art props and the handoff to level designers to use for assembling the open world.
· Participate in everything from the proxy model design and creation through polished asset integration.
· Lead by example to set the Environment Art quality level, and technical best practices.
· Take direction, give direction, iterate on look and feel, gather feedback from the entire team, and lead review of other artists work.
· Coordinate with all departments to determine asset requirements, scheduling needs, and integration processes.
· Be a go-to person for expert knowledge of modeling, texturing and optimization of assets through next gen pipeline.
· Work closely with design team to detail the goals and functionality of game levels and needed environment props.
· 4-6+ years experience developing high profile games.
· 1-3+ years experience in leadership role.
· Proficiency with Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop and equivalent software.
· Experience creating assets for Open World games a huge plus.
· Shipped (from pre-production to release) 2-3+, large scale, 3D titles (PC/Console).
· Strong understanding of asset pipelines and agile development environments.
· Experience with next generation game engines – Frostbite, Crytek, Unreal, etc.
· Inherent ability to bring out the best in people around you, remains positive, and motivate your team.
· Expert in time management, verbal and written communication skills.
· Attention to development pipelines and target milestones.
· Ability to gather, analyze, and act on feedback from the team, openness to critique.
· Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with latest technology and new techniques.
· Strong foundation in art fundamentals of composition, design, light, etc. demonstrated in portfolio.
· Experience with Zbrush, hard surface modeling and other high-end 3D art methods.