KIXEYE is looking for a talented individual to be a part of the creative team working on the studios flagship Unreal 4 title. This particular opening requires that the candidate be motivated, possess excellent communication skills, and has the ability to work well with a cross-disciplinary group.
The Lead Environment Artist will work directly with the art director and lead level designer to lead the art side creation of realistic landscape environments. They will need to collaborate closely with engineering, design, and the other art disciplines to develop an incredibly immersive, realistic game world.
Major responsibilities include:
* Transform designer driven grey-box terrains & assets into photorealistic final levels.
* Work closely with the Art Director and the concept art team to ensure consistency between the concept and final assets.
* Manage outsourcing cycle from spec to final asset submission with focus on quality & consistency.
Skills and Experience:
* 1 shipped title as a Lead Environment Artist on PC or major console platform preferably with Unreal 3.
* 6+ years professional games development experience.
* Demonstrated experience delivering realistic based landscapes including natural and architectural elements.
* Experience creating and managing artwork for large natural landscapes and rural environments.
* Extensive knowledge and proficiency in Maya, Zbrush, and Photoshop.
* Solid understanding of all Unreal Engine based landscapes, lighting, VFX/particle systems, and post process.
* Solid understanding of next-gen environment building process, limitations and dependencies.
* Solid time management & communication skills.
* SPECIAL NOTE:** A portfolio submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects. Please include a shot breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating. **