Salt Lake City, Utah
Android, Enhanced / Virtual Reality, iOS
High School or equivalent
Lead Engineer - VR and Mobile
RED Games is seeking a dynamic, hands-on Lead Games Developer to join our Salt Lake City office. This person will oversee the development and integration of our mobile and VR game applications. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of mobile development, including networking, programmatic art, gameplay systems, code architecture, and best practices. This developer will have a senior level knowledge of C# for iOS/Android and the Unity and Unreal engines
Role and Responsibilities:
- Write clear, maintainable code for cross-platform mobile games.
- Collaborate with producers, designers, artists, QA, and other development teams to ensure games are responsive and engaging.
- Help project managers estimate work, make effective tool choices and process improvements, and identify and mitigate project risks.
- Effectively apply test driven development to ensure highest game quality throughout its evolution.
- Leave content and build pipelines better than their initial condition.
- Contribute to a culture of ownership and continual improvement through knowledge sharing and participation in the Agile development process.
- Mentor and assist junior and intermediate developers to build their skills and maximize the quality of their work.
- Expert level understanding of C#.
- 4+ years experience working in mobile game development.
- Proven experience with Unity and Unreal.
- Proven deep knowledge in engines, networking, and graphics (optimization and shaders).
- Ability to self-organize and lead development efforts.
- Extensive experience with iOS and Android platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a schedule in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Fast learner of complex systems and new technologies.
- Passion for games.
To learn if your background aligns with our needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume as an attachment and your cover letter and salary requirements in the body of the email. RED is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Friends Who Might Be Interested