San Francisco, California
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a Lead Engineer for the WBG San Francisco mobile development studio. As a Lead Engineer at WB Games San Francisco, you have wide game development experience with best of class engineering skills and strong leadership skills. You have a passion for gaming and thrive on working with all departments to drive a game from beginning to end in a central leadership role.
This position requires close collaboration with all other disciplines to help lead, capture, develop and communicate a coherent vision of our game systems, features and tools. In this position, you are responsible for all aspects and quality of your projects. You will also be a leader in establishing best practices, assisting / mentoring other engineers on the team and identifying problem areas / opportunities for improvement in the codebase.
- Game system / feature design & implementation / Library & Service integration.
- Establishing / refining standards & best practices.
- Performance target setting / performance optimization.
- Requirements Gathering / Documentation.
- Assess middleware and 3rd party solutions.
- Review the work of other Gameplay Engineers to ensure adherence to design, patterns and coding standards.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- At least 7 years of game industry experience.
- Shipped at least 3 mobile/social title, preferably on multiple platforms.
- Unity development experience required.
- Expert C# programming skills.
- Deep knowledge of Unity including custom tool creation.
- Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices).
- Deep knowledge of shaders and 3D animation systems in Unity.
- Experience in tools development and content pipeline development.
- Deep knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Deep knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
- Strong practical knowledge of mobile, platforms middleware technologies, strengths and weaknesses.
- Extensive experience working with internal and externally developed code.
- Extensive experience with self-testing to minimize and fix issues.
- Experience with network game design and development required.
- Documentation / Presentation skills.
- Strong performance optimization experience.
- Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to assist others in their work.
- Ability to assess the quality of other engineers work.
- Passion for making games.
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
Friends Who Might Be Interested