Lead Engine Engineer
Disney Publishing is looking for a talented Lead Engine Engineer to join our Glendale, California studio. We are not sharing too much information about our plans at the moment, but if you might be the right person, we’ll let you in on the secret.
We’re building our technology team and we’re looking top talent to be part of our exciting journey. It’s a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and build something that could change the world!
As the Lead Engine Engineer, you will be leading the development of a critical component of our technology platform. You will be a key member of our engineering team, leading a team of engineers who will develop and/or acquire and integrate technologies used in our products.
You will lead a small and focused team of engineers to build and maintain the core development engine. You will contribute directly to the technical direction and architecture of the engine, collaborate with other leads on the future technology requirements, the prioritization of features and participate in the evaluation of technology.
- 7 or more years in relevant professional experience, preferably in game and/or mobile engine development.
- Computer science or other degree relevant to game development, or equivalent work experience.
- Solid experience architecting and building commercial game engines.
- In-depth knowledge of iOS, OSX, OpenGL, 2D and 3D math, physics and optimization techniques.
- Highly proficient in C++ and strong skills in other languages such as C# or Objective-C.
- Ability to guide and mentor team members on complex programming and problem solving tasks.
- Hands-on experience with middleware, such as Unity, Cocos2D/3D, Box2D, Bullet etc.
- Great communications skills and the ability to manage up and down.
- A positive attitude with a passion to change the world with our products.
- Deep understanding of game development.
- Cross-platform development experience (especially iOS/Android)
- Experience supporting product development teams, understanding their usage requirements
- Familiarity with Scrum and agile development techniques.
- Knowledge of network communication best-practices, building client-server APIs and working with backend services.
- Experience with unit testing, continuous integration and automated testing.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Lua etc.)