With over 300 million registered users and more than 70 games, Bigpoint.com is one of the top international online gaming portals. Employees from over 35 different nations work at the company headquarters in Hamburg (Germany) and at other locations like in Berlin, San Francisco and Paris to develop and publish browser-based games and provide content to large media concerns . Bigpoint cooperates with high-profile companies like NBC, SyFy, mail.ru, Pro7Sat1, M6, Antena 3 and many others to distribute top core games such as the adventure saga Drakensang Online and the space odyssey Battlestar Galactica Online as well as award winning casual games like the farm simulation Farmerama and the city builder Rising Cities. Bigpoint's many international awards are proof of our commitment to excellence and their dedication to providing our customers with the best quality available.
Lead Developer C++ (m/f)
Division: Development / Engineering Location: Berlin Reference Number: B56054
We are looking for a motivated and passionate Lead Developer to play a key role in the architectural design of solutions, during both solution design meetings and coding of Game of Thrones.
- You have to lead a group of developers during the implementation of this project
- You work in association with the technical lead to define and design software requirements and develop architectures, pipelines and processes for a browser-based high-quality MMO game
- You are able to define larger goals or tasks and communicate them to the developers
- You determine the feasibility of the project, with respect to, time and cost
- You participate in recruitment activities
- You help to improve the standards of documentation, including technical
- You must support your team members with their queries and empower them to make productive decisions
- You prioritize, multi-task and perform in a deadline oriented environment
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities
- You should have good understanding of how to collaborate with a team of senior developers
- You must possess good written and oral communication skills
- You should be able to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical people.
- You should help in developing a consensus by letting everyone discuss the situation
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You provide profound and disciplined programming skills and experience in system design, architectures and best practices
- You have extensive practical knowledge of C++ for 6 years
- You are fluent in technical and business English
- You successfully worked on at least one shipped 3D-Game in a senior role
- A challenging and engaging software development environment with multiple proven and exciting games from start to end
- A professional and international team of specialist in all areas supporting you with long-year industry expertise
- Teamwork, quick decisions and possibilities to grow and supply own ideas
- Career paths and options to develop further over time
- More than 300 Million Users waiting for your game!
If you feel that your talent and abilities would make a valuable contribution to our future, we'd love to hear from you! Please apply online and make sure to mention your salary expectations and quoting reference number B56054.
Please be aware, that we will only accept applications via our website. We regret that we won’t be able to consider applications which were send by post.