Hasbro’s Integrated Play development team has been set up to create new and exciting play patterns that fuse physical and digital play together to create new ways to engage kids of all ages in immersive brand focused experiences.
The Integrated Play team is developing both interactive content driven products and connected mobile software (apps/games) that are leading Hasbro into the new era of connected toys through innovative consumer experiences. In addition to working on connected experiences for Hasbro’s key Franchise brands (Nerf, Transformers, My Little Pony, Monopoly etc) and partner brands (Star Wars, Sesame Street & Angry Birds), the team are developing ground-breaking products & brands like Furby & Telepods and exploring new brand/IP opportunities. Not only do we work with awesome brands we also work with cutting edge robotics and interactive toys.
We are looking for a strong self sufficient and adaptable visual artist with 5+ years experience in visual development.
Should have a portfolio of high-quality and diverse work showing a variety of styles when creating experiences, narrative, worlds and characters.
Will be working on digitally integrated experiences for all Hasbro's key brands.
- Primary ownership of the visual execution of our physical/digital experiences.
- Soliciting cross-functional input.
- Ability to match established brand visual standards as well as evolve them.
- Provide critical and productive visual feedback/reviews to our creative partners throughout the development timeline.
- Bachelors Degree in illustration, visual arts, graphics design, animation or equivalent experience.
- 5+ Years of visual development experience including 3+ years of game development experience (either the console or mobile gaming space).
- Additional Analog and Digital Game/Play Design qualifications considered a bonus.
- Additional Physical/Analog Toy Product Design qualifications considered a bonus.
- Art Department/Team/Project Lead or Director experience a strong plus.
- Art team building/recruiting/mentoring experience is a strong plus.
- Must possess high degree of expertise in creative thinking and technical abilities.
- Outstanding traditional art skills, principals, techniques and practices.
- Proven ability to efficiently translate those skills digitally
- Generally proficient in Concept Art, UI/UX Design, Character Design, Environmental Design, Storyboarding (both narrative moments as well as game mechanics), Branding, and Graphic Design. (but proven expertise in at least one focused area.)
- Ability to work/multitask on several different projects
- Strong written, visual and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and collaborative environment, as well as autonomously.
- Flexibility to be able to shift course and iterate within tight time-frames.
- Interest and understanding of game-play systems and mechanics.
- Ability to convert high-level concepts into functional game-ready assets.
- High attention to detail and a focus on delivering an exceptional visual experience to our audience.
- Understanding of project workflow from the perspective of the art discipline and familiarity with asset pipelines.
- Leading visual explorations to create & improve concepts and solve problems.
- Display passion & enthusiasm for making and playing with toys & digital games.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, and Illustrator. 3dsMax/Maya, Flash, After Effects, Unity knowledge a plus.
Applicants should provide:
- Curriculum Vitae with covering letter
- Link/access to digital portfolio or reel
- Links to games with notes on the individual’s involvement/contribution
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company dedicated to fulfilling the fundamental need for play for children and families through the creative expression of the Company's world class brand portfolio, including TRANSFORMERS, MONOPOLY, PLAY-DOH, MY LITTLE PONY, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, NERF and LITTLEST PET SHOP. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its global customers with innovative play and entertainment experiences, in a variety of forms and formats, anytime and anywhere. The Company's Hasbro Studios develops and produces television programming for more than 180 markets around the world, and for the U.S. on Hub Network, part of a multi-platform joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK). Through the Company's deep commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world for future generations and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. It has been recognized for its efforts by being named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" and is ranked as one of Corporate Responsibility Magazine's "100 Best Corporate Citizens." Learn more at www.hasbro.com.
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.