Santa Monica, California
High School or equivalent
Lead Animator - Treyarch
We are seeking a Lead Animator to join our team. The Lead Animator will be responsible for supervising the team of Cinematic animators in work quality, task assignments and pipeline improvements.
Home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, Treyarch is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records, and whose previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
In this role, you will guide their team to create the highest quality animations, encourage communication and add innovation to our processes. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the Animation Principles, cinematic principles (such as storyboarding, camera direction, editing, lens usage, ect.) motion-capture editing techniques and Motion Builder. You will also be able to understand and balance departmental quality goals with team management and asset creation. This position will push for the best cinematic quality possible, great storytelling and optimal animation fidelity within the game.
A successful Lead Animator will also work with other departments to identify potential issues and deploy correct solutions. The Lead will interface with Production to track progress and ensure tasks are assigned appropriately and meet milestones deliverables. You must be highly organized with outstanding communication skills and proven experience in management with a track record of shipping AAA games and/or movies in a leadership role. While working with the Animation Directors, he/she will champion the cinematic vision and communicate notes and feedback to the cinematic team on a regular basis. Additionally, the Lead Animator will provide relevant input which will influence scene development, resources and tool development.
What you’ll be doing:
• Manage internal cinematic animation team
• Produce high quality full performance cinematic animations
• Provide frequent feedback to maintain quality control throughout all phases of production.
• Collaborate with animators, designers, artists and software engineers to identify and address areas of need or concern
• Work with Animation Directors to champion the cinematic vision and establish goals, milestones, and schedules
• Collaborate closely with other department to ensure the best possible fusion of storytelling, gameplay and aesthetics.
• Contribute to the development of new techniques and processes to solve animation production challenges
The skills/experience you’ll need:
• 6 - 10 years of experience in game industry
• 3 titles shipped as a Lead Animator
• Strong management skills; management training a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Expert knowledge of Motion Builder 2012+
• Great understanding of storytelling, acting, body movement and facial expressions
• Strong understanding of both figure and facial anatomy
• Experience with Motion Capture directing
• Experience with setting up production pipelines while being able to follow guidelines
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Expert knowledge of animation implementation and debugging techniques .
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Friends Who Might Be Interested