Are you a master 3D artist that is yearning to be part of an epic game and winning team? Clipwire Games is looking for you!
We here at Clipwire, are looking for a 3D master with ambitious dreams. Our ideal candidate would be someone with high potential, great passion and an excellent knowledge of their craft. Experience in the industry is an asset but not a requirement. The Lead 3D Artist will guide and manage our 3D division, but most of all someone that wants to be part of something big. Your art will be viewed by millions of users, and should maintain and reflect the quality of our core games. Clipwire Games is dedicated to producing only the highest quality, top rated games and we are also dedicated to providing the ideal environment to help our team meet their career goals.
The art in our product line is a key part in what separates our games from others and you will be a part of the team behind these great games! If you love games, you will love this job.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, manage and coordinate 3D art and animation assets and resources
- Effectively mentor 3D Artists and Animators to maintain on-time and on-spec schedules
- Create processes and prototypes to advance efficiencies in 3D art production and daily workflow
- Apply expert knowledge in 3D modeling and animating to aid in project proposals, effort estimates and media analysis
- Create and edit 3D assets in 3ds Max, Zbrush and Photoshop for in-game world
- Animate assets in 3ds Max for use in-game world
- Work closely with game designers, engineers and other artists to create, iterate upon and finalize art assets
- Must be among the best at what you do
- A winner's mentality
- Infectious passion for making games
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Extremely self-motivated and always looking to improve
- Must be an excellent team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Uncanny ability to accept direction and criticism and run with it
- Ability to learn quickly and work unsupervised
- Able to work under pressure and thrive in fast-paced work environment while maintaining high quality results
- Diploma equivalent from college or technical school; or at least three to four year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Top-notch Portfolio, displaying varying characters, objects in 2d and 3d
- Expertise 3ds Max, Photoshop and ZBrush
- Solid art and design skills, which include the understanding of lighting, color, anatomy, perspective, form, and composition
- A versatility to adapt your art style, quickly depending on project
- Ability to communicate visually, identify/solve design issues and develop simple creative solutions to complicated design needs
- Experience animating in 3ds Max
- Good knowledge of animation basics
If this sounds like you -- then we want to hear from you. Please send a Cover Letter, CV and Portfolio Samples. Applications with no portfolio will not be selected. Only Canadian residents or candidates willing to relocate will be considered. Selected candidates will be contacted.