Blizzard Entertainment is looking for intelligent and highly motivated multilingual game testers to help test our games in Latin American Spanish. Job duties include documenting bugs, working closely with a team of translators, testing games, reviewing strings, and listening to audio. An ideal candidate is a hardcore gamer with a localization background, or an individual with a higher education in a language-related discipline, who is good at both finding bugs and describing them in an organized and clear fashion. Language testers must be able to work full-time at our headquarters in Irvine, California. Applicants must also be available to work extended hours and weekends when necessary, to meet project deadlines.
- Review the Latin American Spanish translation of Blizzard Entertainment games.
- Ensure consistency with the glossary between games and other projects.
- Perform quality assurance for Blizzard Entertainment games and other projects.
- Review localized material and provide regular feedback to project leads and supervisors.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- Passion for video games and linguistics
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in both Latin American Spanish and English
Excellent knowledge of fantasy and/or science fiction worlds and an understanding of Blizzard Entertainment games
- Willing to work extended hours
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Able to work independently
- Strong motivation and a high level of commitment
- Previous experience in video game localization or video game quality assurance
- Higher education in language-related disciplines and / or work experience as a professional translator
- Excellent knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment games
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (with language proficiency)
- Mock game analysis of your favorite video game in English and Latin American Spanish.
- The game analysis should demonstrate your understanding of the game play mechanics and relationships to the design and implementation of the game.
- The game analysis should be on either a computer game or console game. Please limit your game analysis to no longer than 5 pages (the average length of an analysis is approximately 3 pages).
- This game analysis should not be a game made by Blizzard Entertainment.
**Only submittals with all three will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.