What sounds like a lot of fun these days? What are all the cool kids doing in their spare time these days? Working on iOS games – of course! Insomniac Games is looking to you for full time help to design and implement new game features, optimize for memory and performance, and provide tools for content creators, for our Outernauts game!. You would also be writing server and database code to support new features. Read on if this sounds like what you have been looking for!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintenance and development of server and client code for game features.
- Optimization of existing code for performance and memory. Provide useful analysis of game performance problems.
- Maintenance and development of server deployment scripts.
- Diagnosing and debugging problems with client performance, load time, and connection problems.
- Maintenance and development of tools for content creators.
- Development of performant, reusable and clean code.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience needed for this position:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Computer Science is favorable.
- Knowledge of C++ or ActionScript.
- Ability to adhere to existing coding practices.
- Ability to work independently, trouble-shoot problems, and provide solutions proactively.
- Strong communication skills.
- BONUS Knowledge - iOS, Flash, and PHP.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to work with an amazing team, then we look forward to hearing from you. Please use the link below, and apply directly to the position. Thanks!