Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a 2D artist to work on their newest title Hearthstone. The focus for this position will be on providing the art needed to help realize the vision for the game from initial concept to practical application. Responsibilities include creating of concepts that support / further the vision of the game, painting textures for use on in-game assets and working to provide a consistent aesthetic for the team. The ideal candidate has a firm grasp of composition, color, painting, and visual design.
- Exceptional understanding of visual principles including form, shape, composition, design, and how they relate to game development specifically
- Superior eye for lighting, value, color and details, and the ability to use them in creating beautiful textures, concept art and illustrations
- Strong understanding of Blizzard’s visual style and the vision to take it in new and challenging directions
- Self-motivation, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work within a team
- Positive attitude with the ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- A passion for games
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts including, but not limited to painting, sculpture, figure drawing, and illustration
- Experience with 3D tools or peripherals such as Maya, 3ds Max, Zbrush or Mudbox
- Passion for creating charming and lighthearted imagery
- Previous game production experience
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.