Firaxis Games is seeking a talented and inspired graphics programmer to join its team.
• Contribute to the visual fidelity and efficient rendering of our cross-platform title.
• Extend current graphics-related systems and tools to fit requirements of our game.
• Maintain a good knowledge of the engine and tools pipeline to facilitate communication and enable identification of issues pertaining to the production or use of the graphics pipeline.
• Clearly communicate updates and concerns to their manager.
• Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
• Strong C++ programming and debugging experience.
• Good 3D math skills.
• Self-motivated and passionate about computer graphics.
• Thorough understanding of basic graphics techniques such as lighting, shadow mapping, light mapping, anti-aliasing, skinning, etc.
• Knowledge of industry standard shading languages such as HLSL and Cg.
• Capable of conveying a range of complex technical issues to both programmers and other less technical team members.
• Understanding of complex relationship between written code and its execution on underlying hardware.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
• Experience with Unreal Engine 3.
• Ability to optimize code (memory/speed) to maximize the capabilities of each platform.
• In-depth knowledge of, and ability to improve upon, modern rendering techniques.
• Able and motivated to work with other team members.