Company Profile: ASTRO Gaming is a Skullcandy subsidiary based out of San Francisco, California. ASTRO Gaming is a distinct brand within an expanding global video gaming accessory and equipment market. We are the acknowledged leader in providing a premium experience, cutting edge design with professional grade video gaming accessories.
ASTRO Gaming is seeking to hire a versatile and creative Graphic Designer for the San Francisco office. The role will involve creating a wide variety of materials that range from printed collateral, digital assets, and web assets. The work environment is one that respects design thinking and great work; we want our creative output to be on par with the innovation our company prides itself on.
We are looking for someone who is intensely curious, loves learning new things, and being part of a growing company. The right candidate should be detail-oriented, be able to autonomously meet deadlines, and be able to stay focused on goals put forth while having fun achieving them.
- Ensure that the design of every communication and digital piece of the company is on-brand and creatively realized.
- Create and Design collateral marketing pieces for digital and print output.
- Produce graphics for online use such as info graphics, or social imagery.
- Design UI elements and iconography as needed.
- Provide graphic support for sales, content and research teams.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 0-3 years design experience required.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite specifically:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe AfterEffects (not required, but a plus)
- Adobe Premiere (not required, but a plus)
- Familiarity with social media and commonly used online tools.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- High personal motivation, self-management, ability to take responsibility in meeting deadlines and making progress without direct supervision.
- Must have a can do attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to take art direction to conceptualize / execute projects.
- Able to handle stress and work under a deadline; ability to stay organized when working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of youth, consumer and technology culture is imperative.
- Creative, solutions-orientated and a self-started is a major plus.
- Interest in video games is a major plus.
- Illustration and motion graphics skills are a plus.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- 401K Matching
- Health Benefits
- Product Discounts
- Discount Ski Pass/ Discount Gym Membership
- Flex Time Scheduling
Thanks for your interest in Skullcandy and this role! If you have any trouble submitting your application through the online portal, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title as the subject and someone will be in touch if there's a great fit!