The primary workplace for this position will be in our San Francisco office.
- BA in arts, science or similar related field.
- Experience working in MS windows based environment and strong understanding of underlying hardware/software limits/processes as relating specifically to processing of large scale images in a Windows environment. Experience with Adobe Photoshop as it relates to color enhancement and image editing
- Understanding of basic color theory and an ‘aesthetic eye’ as it relates to real world data for simulation.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- United States citizenship required, due to restrictions on access to certain data
- Intermediate experience with Geographic Data formats (ie. Geotiff, DTED, USGS DEM, DOQQ, LIDAR, ESRI shapefiles, MrSid) and software (ie. Leica Geosystems Erdas Imagine, ITT ENVI, ArcGIS, Globalmapper, etc)
- Understanding/experience with import/conversion/management of raster/vector geographic datasets in varying formats/conventions
- General understanding of map projections and related geographic concepts.
- Experience with shell programming/scripting
- Experience with Microsoft Office (MSExcel/MSWord)
- Experience with xml/xml schema.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems.