Aechelon Technology, Inc. the world's leading flight simulation graphics company, is looking for a Geospatial Engineer to manage the conversion of geospatial raster datasets and related metadata and documentation as well as supporting the department in data backups and other related tasks.
This role includes but is not limited to :
The primary workplace for this position will be in our San Francisco office.
- BS in computer science, geoography, or similar related field.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with shell programming/scripting
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office (MSExcel/MSWord)
- Experience with xml/xml schema and related tools.
- Experience working in MS windows based environment and strong understanding of underlying hardware/software limits/processes as relating specifically to processing of large scale images in a Windows environment. Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills and an eye for detail..
- United States citizenship required, due to restrictions on access to certain data
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Geographic Data formats (ie. Geotiff, DTED, USGS DEM, DOQQ, LIDAR, ESRI shapefiles, MrSid) and software (ie. Leica Geosystems Erdas Imagine, ITT ENVI, ArcGIS, Globalmapper etc)
- Understanding and experience with the import, conversion and management of raster/vector geographic datasets in varying formats/conventions and the related caveats
- Experience with ArcGIS
- General understanding of map projections and related geographic concepts.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop as it relates to color enhancement and image editing Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems.