Game programming is as much an art as a science, requiring a delicate balance between efficiency and flexibility. Unlike traditional software, games rarely have answers to many (or sometimes any!) questions before the first line of code is written. It’s okay -- you will not be alone.
AtomJack is a small studio with strong collaborative support and we need capable programmers who can effectively support any aspect of game development. We want to make great games, and we hope you can help us do that now and in the future!
You will be working primarily in Unity with a diverse team, so teamwork and communication are key!
- Collaborate effectively with Designers and Artists to translate their requests into usable systems
- Cooperate with other Programmers to implement solutions for projects and improve studio efficiency
- Be responsible for large or majority portions of project features and teach them to team
- Effectively manage time and priorities within project constraints
- Communicate with team regularly to accept feedback and share vision
- An unfailing desire to be a game programmer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 5 years of professional game programming experience
- Experience in implementing player-facing systems (e.g. User Interfaces, Input, AI, Animation, Gameplay, etc.)
- Previous console and PC programming experience
- Professional experience with C/C++ and at least one high-level language
- Proficient skills in mathematics, software analysis and design
- Understanding of programming best-practices
- Experience with the Unity game engine
- Experience from a full AAA game production cycle preferred
- Experience with internal tools development
- Experience with agile methodologies
- A service minded attitude and a cooperative mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Previous mobile programming experience is a plus
This is a full-time, salaried position at our studio office in Seattle, WA.