The Amazon Games team is seeking innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric team players to help build the business for the Amazon Appstore and Game Services. The Games Business Development Manager will help drive the strategy and execution for partnerships with game developers around the world. You will identify short-term growth opportunities and lay the groundwork for long-term, strategic opportunities. Our ideal candidate will have deep experience in business analytics, strategic thinking, and negotiation in addition to a strong track record in terms improvement, forecasting, relationship building, pricing management, and customer experience improvement in mobile games.
Some of the key job functions are:
- Serve as a key member of the games team in helping to define and deliver the overall strategy and drive adoption of our Appstore and game services.
- Effectively set and execute strategy for engaging with game developers, including prioritizing potential partners, contacting and establishing relationships, and managing ongoing relationships.
- Help define and update the mission, goals, and success metrics for game business development and ensure it's in line with the business strategy.
- Work with the product team and senior leadership to create a prioritized, tactical action plan to exceed goals.
- Independently execute plans while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, legal, support, etc.)
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks.
- Research and identify new opportunities for Amazon’s Games business.
- 2+ years of experience in High Tech, Media, Internet, or Games industries
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Consistently exceeds key performance metrics.
- Ability to think strategically, innovatively and creatively using sound business judgment and quantitative skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Mandarin language skills and work experience in greater China is a bonus.
- MBA is a plus.
- Must love games.