SUMMARY OF POSITION
Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a Game Systems Engineer for the WBG San Francisco Platform department. As a Game System Engineer at WB Games San Francisco, you play a central role that ensures our core technologies are of the highest standards and are easily reused across all of our titles and platforms.
This position requires close collaboration with all the Studio Technical Director as well as the game teams to define and implement the systems, features and tools that will be shared across our titles. You will also be a leader in establishing best practices, workflows and identifying problem areas / opportunities for improvement in the codebase.
- System / Feature / Tool design & implementation / Library & Service integration.
- Establishing / refining standards & best practices.
- Performance optimization.
- Assess middleware and 3rd party solutions.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- At least 7 years of game industry experience.
- Shipped at least 3 mobile/social title, preferably on multiple platforms.
- Unity development experience required.
- Expert C# programming skills.
- Deep knowledge of Unity including custom tool creation.
- Experience with P4 advanced features.
- Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices).
- Knowledge of shaders and 3D animation systems in Unity.
- Experience in tools development and content pipeline development.
- Deep knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Deep knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
- Strong practical knowledge of mobile, platforms middleware technologies, strengths and weaknesses.
- Extensive experience working with internal and externally developed code.
- Extensive experience with self-testing to minimize and fix issues.
- Experience with network game design and development required.
- Documentation / Presentation skills.
- Strong performance optimization experience.
- Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to assist others in their work.
- Ability to assess the quality of other engineers work.
- Passion for making games.