Spark Unlimited is looking for a motivated and hands-on Game Systems Designer to contribute to our mobile game development efforts. The Systems Designer will be responsible for pacing and balance in a stat-heavy game, collaborating on mechanics, gameplay, game features, game ideas, and nurturing ideas from concept to final implementation. The ideal candidate is an experienced designer of mobile games with a passionate working knowledge of the latest trends in online, mobile, and social games. You will use your proven ability to deliver in short cycles of development in an environment that is agile, fast paced, and flexible.
- Collaborate with Design Lead to balance and expand an engaging, fun mobile game.
- Implement, iterate, and evolve game features and design from early planning stages to final release to post launch.
- Perform competitive research and provide reports and thoughtful analysis.
- Deliver work on time within a tight schedule.
- Cultivate a positive team dynamic, and exhibit a professional attitude by demonstrating a good balance between creativity and practical flexibility.
- Contribute to game features, game ideas, and creative content.
- Work collaboratively with all levels of the development team, including active participation in Spark’s agile-development process. Cultivate a positive team dynamic, and exhibit a professional attitude by demonstrating a good balance between creativity and practical flexibility.
- Minimum of 5 years as a designer. Experience as a designer for at least one launched mobile or social game.
- Can analyze existing rules and create new ones, understands underlying mathematical patterns for balancing stats.
- Experience with Unity3d.
- Passionate player of games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses. Understanding of what makes games fun in the current mobile gaming marketplace. Excellent sense of game pacing and play balance in freemium games.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – a strong ability to work across multiple disciplines to gather feedback and address cross-functional design issues.
- Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills. A strong ability to work across multiple disciplines to gather feedback and address cross-functional issues. Penchant for practical innovation and the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
How to Apply
- Applicants must be able to work at our Sherman Oaks, California studios.
- Local applicants only. No relocation for this position.
- Submit via Email. No visits or phone calls, please.
- The Subject line of your email must reference the job title and your name, like this: Systems Designer: Last name, First name
- Include your resume as an email attachment, preferably as a PDF or in Word 2003 or later format.
- Include links to online portfolio.
- Make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone, and email.
- Send email to: des-jobD2980@sparkunlimited.com