Vergeous is a new independent game studio that is working closely with industry pioneer Scott Miller on an exciting new game project: Novus.
Novus is a sidescroller that blends Sandbox, RPG, and Platforming game genres. Our goal is to create a high-quality sandbox game with an immersive backstory, and epic gameplay.
Vergeous is looking for an experienced Game Programmer who is bright, articulate, and passionate about creating games. We are working on an exciting new project and are looking for several coders to fill out our small team.
We seek someone with previous game industry experience, but we will consider exceptional candidates if you can show us a solid understanding of the toolset. We want someone who is excited about the opportunity to work on a great game, and can effectively turn that excitement into great game code.
Required Skills :
* Writes clean, object-oriented code that is self commenting.
* Experience with C# or C++.
* Unity Experience
* Solid experience with developing for a Multiplayer environment, including networking.
* Past experience with one of the following : graphics, networking, gameplay, AI, UI.
* Self starter with good time management and communication skills.
* Dependable internet for online collaboration and meetings.
* Fluent in English and can work in US / EU timezones.
Helpful Skills :
* Experience on published games.
* Advanced UI development.
* Gameplay coding experience.
* IOS and Android experience.
* Advanced web coding skills.
* Experience with artificial life and simulation techniques.
Our company is based in Florida, but most of our team members work remotely, and this position will be performed remotely as well. We do have daily required meetings on Skype. You will work directly with the lead programmer on the project.