Foster City, California
Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, , , Nintendo DS
Associate Degree/Higher National Diploma
Sanzaru Games seeks a talented and ambitious programmer to expand our development team as we start multiple new projects. At Sanzaru Games we are currently using the Unreal Engine to ensure the quality of next generation games, on any console, is up to par with our standards. We seek programmers that have experience with the Unreal Engine and have used to performing gameplay tasks such as implementing game logic, UI control, character control and general entity management.
The successful candidate:
• Is a C/C++ expert: Though we occasionally using the Unreal Engine, our games requires custom game code and you must be very fluent in C++ and its applications within games.
• Is well versed with the Unreal Engine: The power of the Unreal Engine comes from knowing how to utilize every aspect of it. The programmer we are looking to hire must have unreal engine, unreal editor, kismet, unreal script, and experience with write custom C++ game code in the Unreal Engine.
• Can manage state logic intuitively: From overall application control to UI to individual entities and special effects, breaking down behavior into a hierarchical state abstraction must come naturally and easily.
• Has strong 3d math fundamentals: Includes the ability to "think in 3-d", understand spatial relationships between objects within their world and to each other, and control these algorithmically.
• Understands UI design flow: Look at games from the point of the player - what information does he need to see and how can the UI interface best help him enjoy the game.
• Gets sound control principles: How to best use both one-shot and looping audio cues to help bring game entities to life, and the ability to interface with a sound designer to add/refine sound assets efficiently.
• Is a memory conservationist: Make intelligent decisions about where memory is best spent and understand the trade-offs between various allocation schemes.
• Enjoys code responsibility: People who are proud of their work and take ownership generate great games; we're looking for engineering pillars to support a small team who want to make a difference.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should apply by sending your resume and link to email@example.com .